Meredith College challenges students to discover what makes them strong, build on those strengths, and prepare to make a positive impact on the world. With more than 90 undergraduate academic programs, close to 30 graduate and certificate programs, and StrongPoints®, a powerful strengths-focused personal coaching initiative, it’s no wonder U.S. News, The Princeton Review, and Niche have all named Meredith a “Best College.” Wherever you’re going in life, lead with your strengths – and go strong.
- Undergraduate majors, and minors: over 90
- Coeducational graduate and certificate programs: 27+
- Undergraduate degrees: B.A., B.S., B.M., B.S.W.
- Graduate degrees: MAT, MBA, M.Ed., M.S. in Nutrition, M.A. in Psychology: I-O Concentration, M.A. in Criminal Justice
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs: Business, Criminal Justice, Digital Media, Paralegal, Pre-Health, Dietetic Internship
- Student/faculty ratio: 10:1
- Average class size: 14
- Students come from 28 states and territories and 44 countries
- Total enrollment: approximately 1,600
- Graduate enrollment: approximately 275
- Multicultural students: 34%
- Every student participates in StrongPoints®, a personal coaching and advising model found only at Meredith
- Student clubs and organizations: 100+
- Division III athletic teams: 10
- 47% of students participate in undergraduate research
- 32% of students participate in study abroad (compared to national average of 10%)
- 97% of students participate in an applied learning experience such as study abroad, undergraduate research, or internships
- In recent years, Meredith students have achieved both record four-year graduation rates and the highest retention rate since 1999.
- Meredith’s four-year graduation rate is higher than the rates of nearly every N.C. public university.
- 92% of our graduates would choose Meredith again, and 96% would recommend Meredith to others
- 98% of alumnae rated the value of a Meredith college education as excellent, very good, or good.
- Graduates thriving in all 50 States and abroad: 24,000
- According to U.S. News, Meredith College has been consistently ranked both a top regional and national college
- U.S. News ranks Meredith #66 among National Liberal Arts Colleges for social mobility
- Ranked among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.com
- One of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to The Princeton Review, placing Meredith among the top 23% of colleges in the U.S.
- #2 Best Liberal Arts College in North Carolina according to Niche.com
- “Hidden Gem” – Best College in the U.S. by College Raptor
Academic & Special Programs
- The Undergraduate Research Program supports student/faculty partnerships in the pursuit of research and creative activity in all fields. College funds underwrite travel costs for students presenting their work at conferences.
- Study Abroad options include a semester-long program in Sansepolcro, Italy, with additional opportunities worldwide including Costa Rica, Iceland, and France.
- Honors Program offers special classes, individualized study and research, travel opportunities, and enrichment activities.
- Internships and Cooperative Education are available in all areas of study.
- Dual Degree Engineering program offered in partnership with NC State University.
- Accelerated Graduate Programs including Accelerated Law Programs with Elon University and Campbell University, and Meredith’s Accelerated MBA allow students to save both time and money.
Faculty & Staff
- Undergraduate student-faculty ratio is approximately 10:1.
- Average class size is 14.
- 87% of full-time professors have earned doctoral or other terminal degrees.
- Academic Merit Awards provide $20K annual funding to academically qualified students
- $57 million in financial assistance is coordinated by Meredith annually
- over 95% of students receive scholarships and/or financial aid
- $37,569 is the average amount of financial aid awarded to first-year students
- Over 300 endowed scholarships are available to Meredith students
Campus & Facilities
- Meredith College is located in Raleigh, North Carolina’s capital city. More than 176,000 college students reside in the Research Triangle Park area, the country’s premiere research and development hub.
- Historic 225-acre campus is home to academic, administrative, and residential buildings that total 945,743 square feet. Facilities include a 1,200 seat amphitheater, seven residence halls and student apartments, student center, fitness center, and athletic field and track complex.
- Carlyle Campbell Library has more than 190,000 volumes, 16,000 microforms, and 3000 newspaper and journal subscriptions.
- Science and Mathematics Building includes unique classroom settings, specialized labs, and a telescope observatory deck.
- CHESS Building houses communication and exercise and sport sciences programs and includes a human performance lab, media and podcast studios, editing suites, and more.
Accreditation & Degrees
- Meredith College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097; telephone 404-679-4501) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Meredith is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Council on Social Work Education, Council for Interior Design Accreditation, North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction, the Accreditation Commission of the Association for Advancing Quality in
Educator Preparation (AAQEP), and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
- Tuition and fees for full-time undergraduate students:
2023-24 Full-Time Tuition: $43,936
Housing & Food: $12,920
See how Meredith students are going strong.
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607-5298
Phone: (919) 760-8600
Fax: (919) 760-8330